Tuesday 1 February 2022

Welcome to Room 2

 Welcome to Room 2 2022

Kia ora koutou e te whānau ō Ruma Rua. My name is Liz Macaskill and I'm super excited to be your child's teacher this year.

I am looking forward to meeting you all at our Meet the Teacher days - Korero Mai - on Thursday and Friday. Information is included below if you still need to book a time.

About Me

                                                            

I was born in Invercargill but spent most of my early growing up years in a little town called Maungahao near Shannon where my Dad was a carpenter at the Power Station. I attended the local St Joseph's school which unfortunately is no longer there. When I was 7, we moved to Hamilton where I completed my schooling at St Mary's, then Sacred Heart Girls College. After completing Teacher College, I taught in Tauranga, Whakatane, Matamata, Hamilton, Reporoa, and now St Mary's where I have been for the last 18 months.

Teaching seems to be in my blood as my mum, uncle, and many cousins are also teachers. 

Steve and I have been living in Rotorua for 7 years now and we love having a playground on our doorstep. I enjoy mountain biking, paddleboarding, being in the bush, and swimming. I am mum to Matt and Patrick and birth mum to Anna. I am also nana to Ryan and Luca. 

Reading is a big hobby of mine and I also encourage my students to develop a love of reading. A reading log was sent home at the end of last year, and I encourage you all to complete this to be part of the Holiday Reading Prize Draw. If you have lost the form, just record the titles on a piece of paper with your name and room number on it.

This blog will be the main place for information about teaching and learning in Room 2. On Sundays, there will be a post about the upcoming week and during the week there will be posts about our class learning. 

My classroom door is always open and I can be contacted by email. 

Nga mihi nui,

Liz Macaskill

lizm@stmarysrotorua.school.nz



Term Dates 2022

Term 1 begins on the 3 February and 4 February for our students. Each child, with their parent(s), needs to meet with their teacher on one of these two days. Please note that students do not need to wear their school uniform when they attend this meeting.

We would also like you to venture into the School Hall, either before or after your meeting with the teacher, to ensure you are well set up for the start of the school year. You can enter our lucky prize draw too!

The first day of class for all students is Tuesday 8 February.


How do I book an appointment for the meeting with my child's teacher on either Thursday 3 February or Friday 4 February?

Each child needs to attend with an adult whanau member. If you haven't done so already, please book a 25 minute appointment time for either Thursday 3 February or Friday 4 February. There are a number of ways you can do this:

Click on the following link https://www.schoolinterviews.co.nz/code/tave9

OR

go to the website schoolinterviews.co.nz and use the code tave9

OR

go to the LINKS section on our school app and use the code tave9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making a comment. Please note that all comments have to be seen by the class teacher before you will be able to view them online.